Gambhir Steps Down As Delhi Daredevils Captain















  After five losses out of six matches Delhi played so far, disappointed Gautam Gambhir steps down as captain. Gambhir was bought by Daredevils in January during IPL auction after he was released by Kolkata Knight Riders last year.

   Gambhir, who returned to his old franchisee promised the team to win the trophy and retire thereafter. The left-handed big-match star won two IPL titles for KKR as captain.

   In a press conference this afternoon he said- "I take full responsibility for the position we are in. And looking at the position, I have decided to step down as captain. Iyer will take over. I still feel we have the team to turn things around this IPL."

   He further added- "Absolutely my decision. I was the one who initiated the meeting. I thought that I haven't contributed enough. I had to take the responsibility being the leader of the ship. So I feel that it was the right time."

   He said- "we're very much in this competition. It was absolutely my decision, no pressure from the franchise, they've been absolutely supportive about it, sometimes when your consciousness says it's the right time you just take that decision."

   Gambhir scored a half-century in the very first game and thereafter he could manage only 30 more runs in next five matches.

   Delhi is still in the competition and if in-form Shreyas could turn the fortunes of the power-packed team. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Champions Trophy without Champions

IPL X - Teams and Squads

They Were More Intense And More Passionate: Kohli